In appreciation of his commitment to professionalism and sincerity of purpose, thousands of Doctors across Nigeria have overwhelmingly elected Dr Aniekeme Aniefiok Uwah as the National Publicity Secretary of Nigerian Medical Association (NMA).
Dr Aniekeme Uwah, a highly sought-after Public Health and infectious disease expert is the current secretary of the COVID19 response Committee of the Common Wealth Medical Association, an intercontinental umbrella body of National Medical Associations under the British Common Wealth.
He brings an appreciable wealth of experience having served as the Chairman NMA Akwa Ibom State (2016-2018) and the immediate past Epidemiologist, Ministry of Health, Akwa Ibom State.
Prior to his election, Dr Aniekeme Uwah had served the NMA as Chairman of the National Physicians Week, Rivers and Ondo States for two years consecutively. He can best be described as a square peg in a square hole who will bring his penchant for Excellence to play in his new responsibilities as the image maker of the NMA Nationwide.
The new members of the National Officers Committee (Exco) , elected to run the affairs of the Association from 2020 to 2022 are as follows:
1. President – Prof IAO Ujah mni
2. Vice President 1 – Prof Razaaq Adebayo
3. Vice President 2 – Dr Dayyabu A Ibrahim
4. Secretary General – Dr Ekpe P. Uche
5. Deputy Secretary – Dr Saliu Oseni
6. Treasurer – Dr Eric Anazodo
7. National Financial Secretary – Dr Jauro P Degri
8. National Publicity Secretary – Dr Aniekeme Uwah
9. Editor Nigerian Medical Journal – Prof. Augustine V. Umoh